Even if you only use the standard price book, the option to ‘Add Price Book’ will still appear as an option. This seems quite misleading and confusing for users; it’s also a button that’s not needed and in my book that makes it clutter.
There’s a fairly simple solution to this: the ‘Add Price Book’ button can be hidden directly from the opportunity page layout editor. The one draw back is that you must remove the button from each page layout.
If you’d like to hide the button follow these quick instructions!
- Navigate to Setup > Object Manager > Opportunity > Page Layouts
- Click ‘Edit’ next to a page layout
- Scroll down to the Products related list and click on the wrench icon
- Click the plus sign to expand the section called ‘Buttons’
- Un-tick ‘Choose Price Book’, then click ‘OK’, then save your page layout
That was easy wasn’t it?!