Did you know you can set field properties as ‘Read Only’ or ‘Required’ on multiple fields whilst editing the page layout?!
No more setting properties one field at a time…
- Edit your chosen page layout
- Click on a field you want to edit the properties on (you’ve done it right if the field is highlighted blue)
- With the first field still selected, press Ctrl on your keyboard and then select any other fields you want to update
- Click the spanner on any of the selected fields
- Choose your field properties for each field (they don’t have to be the same)
- Click ‘OK’
- Once you’re happy, save your page layout and marvel at how fast that was!
Don’t forget, this only makes your field read only or required on this page layout; it doesn’t affect any other page layouts or make a field universally read only/required.
*Thanks to Jake Brushafer who shared this on Twitter*